Friday, September 19, 2008

3.74

And that's the GPA I will graduate with. Woot!! With honors. As a member of Phi Theta Kappa. Yesterday, my mother and I headed up to Madison Square Garden to participate in my previous college's graduation ceremonies. Wearing colors that were supposed to be red and gray, but resembled rust and silver, I received my Associates in Art. My major was Liberal Arts & Social Sciences, and it wasn't without thinking about the pain and anguish I had been through up until this milestone.

Originally, I wanted no part of the ceremonies. My heart and mind bitter at the rigmarole I went through dealing with the college administration. My feelings only gave way because my mother wanted so badly to watch her daughter graduate. My brother and I are the only grandchildren on my mother's side of the family to receive a degree. Telling someone my feelings about this, it was pointed out that I should go and view it for what it really was...an academic achievement. Not for what the administrative side of the school had done.

Still, I have another round to go before I can even think about obtaining my bachelors. But if I have come this far, I can only believe that day will come too.

No comments: