Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Layover Crazy

So. I found this cheap flight on American Airlines.

Get a load of this itinerary:

NYC ---> London ---> Dublin ---> Berlin ---> Prague ---> London ---> NYC

I would leave NYC at night, arriving in London early the next morning and connect to Dublin soon after. I would have a long day and overnight in Dublin before leaving the next morning on a flight to Berlin. Visit Berlin for a few days, then take a train to Prague. Visit Prague for a few days before flying to London. In London, I would have 6 hours to play with before boarding my flight to NYC.

Here's the kicker - I originally planned on only Berlin and Prague. The layovers in both Dublin and London are simply extras. This is just the way the flight is bundled. That's the beauty of it. I would have ample time to enjoy two cities and include two others.

(sigh)

I'm trying to satiate my "Euro-itchiness". It hasn't been decided yet and who really knows how long this flight will be available. But it sure is nice to dream a bit.

I'm beginning to love the idea of long layovers, as long as you can leave the airport and visit for awhile. Otherwise, forget it. I'm so happy I took advantage of the day long layover in Zurich. Okay. Zurich was kind of boring considering the other cities I visited that week, but it's nice to know I've been to Switzerland.

No comments: