Friday, February 09, 2007

Scantily Clad

I just realized - I have nothing on my walls. Save for an old print that I put up using an already existing hammered in nail; my walls are void of decoration. Stark nekkid is more like it.

Lovely sight, eh?

I’ve lived in my apartment for close to 10 years now, and judging by my scantily clad walls; one would think I set foot in the place just last week. My apartment is teeny tiny. At about 350 square feet, I’m in one of those situations where I really should be utilizing the wall space to its full advantage. After all, when space is limited, it’s always best playing this up to give your digs that certain oomph.

Only last year did I have the Super put up shelving in my kitchen. I so desperately needed that. I also had him put up a few decorative shelves in the living room and the bedroom. This helped the attempts at personalization just a wee bit.

What is it about making my house a home that gives pause?

Perhaps, this is something I have to deal with on a much deeper level, but I’ll get there someday. Right now, I need to hang more stuff; especially since I splashed out on getting my most favorite print in the whole wide world framed. Now, it’s just propped up waiting for its moment of sunshine. The print was originally put up allover the NYC subways. After their run, they were sold to the Transit Museum for about twenty bucks. I have always loved this art, and was happy that I could own one.

Here it is during its subway run. Now it’s waiting for a spot on my wall.

No comments: