Thursday, July 23, 2009

NOLA, N-O-L-A, NOLA

I grabbed two round trip tickets on Jet Blue to New Orleans for Labor Day weekend. We arrive Thursday night and leave Monday morning. This gives us three whole days to play with. What's even better is that I was able to get an 11% discount using my ISIC card. Even better was finding out that the discount applies to each segment, and each accompanying traveler, not just off the total round trip and for students only. Sweet!

We haven't booked the hotel yet, but I have some ideas and some more reviewing to do. I want to be very near to the French Quarter but not smack dab in the middle of it all.

As of now, nothing is set in stone. Still, I have some basic ideas on what I want to see and do. Of course, one of the stops will be to NOMA to view the Fabergé eggs on display. I'd really love to see the voodoo museum, and our visit won't be complete without a cemetery tour. A friend of mine is going to recommend restaurants, so that will be extremely helpful. I won't leave until I've gone to Cafe du Monde for their café au lait and beignets.

I leave for Stockholm the week after, which might make things a bit stressful, but this will be a nice respite from the NYC summer.

No comments: