Friday, July 10, 2009

Focus on Nothing

Looks like my hostel accommodations in Stockholm are pretty much covered. I jumped at the opportunity to join a focus group about travel, answered the litany of questions, and was accepted. It was to be a two hour group complete with lunch and refreshments. I arrived, signed in, and sat in the waiting room while others filed in.

To my confusion, everybody was called except for myself and another person. A few minutes later, we were informed that we were chosen as alternates and only had to wait a half hour. If the coordinators felt someone in the group wasn't compatible, we would replace them.

I guess all members of the group were compatible because a half an hour later, we were both handed an envelope of money and told to go home.

$125 for a half hour of my time. Not bad.

No comments: