Saturday, January 03, 2009

This is Me, Lately

I've been a very bad blogger lately. I've abandoned probably the two or three people who actually read this damn thing. So, it shouldn't come as a surprise to these relative few that I have been quite busy lately. I've just come down from a few big things, school and travel, and I'm a tired girl. I know the last one is a cop out, but since I've traveled to seven countries in three months, I have quite the excuse to wallow in a little bit of self pity. I finally released my posts about the Asia and Russia trips, over one and two months after I returned, along with a post including my thoughts about the election.

School finished up shortly before Christmas and I turned in a research paper I am very proud of. It's about the history and symbolism of the murals of Belfast, Northern Ireland. I was informed that I got A's in all my classes but that elation is momentary because starting Monday, I begin my algebra class. If there's one subject that boggles my mind, it's math. According to my transcripts, I need one more math class to satisfy my curriculum requirements. My grueling Statistics 101 class transferred over but according to the university, two algebra classes are needed in order to take a few of my statistical history courses.

Using the last of my time off, I scheduled a "staycation", and spent the past ten days at my mother's house lolling around doing nothing. The blizzard we had didn't help matters much and at times relaxation turned into cabin fever. Still, I got some retail therapy in, finally breaking down to buy some ice skates. I'm looking into taking classes soon.

Another thing. I'm toying with the idea of switching over to Wordpress. Who knows if/when that transition will occur, but it will have to be when I have enough down time.

No comments: