Thursday, January 08, 2009

Photos of Taiwan

Going through these photos after the fact made me realize how much I think of this trip more than I give credit for. How much the little details of my short time there have seeped into my brain, and weren't reported in the trip report. The memories are quite colorful. It's still a bit unreal to have been to Taiwan, especially considering the reasons for going. Even others, when the country is brought up in conversation, have been quizzical about why I have visited.

Still, I tried to capture the spirit of Taipei (and the other towns), and show all sides of the city, but there was so much that was intrinsically foreign to me and I feared appearing like a tacky, insensitive American tourist who is hell bent on only capturing the perceived "weirdness" of Eastern countries. That was a trap I didn't want to fall into.

Taipei

Jiufen

Yehliu

No comments: