Friday, August 08, 2008

8-8-8 A Day Not In Infamy

Today is supposed to be one of the luckiest days of the year. That is, according to the Chinese. For me, it was spent lamenting and getting anxious that nothing of permanent note was occurring for little old me. By permanent, I mean marriage, delivery of a baby, or anything else that would seal the deal, so to say, about the luckiness of this day.

I'm usually not reduced to hokum, except when it comes to numbers. Having numerical OCD doesn't help matters much. Especially when it's of the symmetrical variety. So, a day such as today gets me hopped up with anticipation of what might occur. Strange, I know.

Today, I did however, take advantage of a summer half-day Friday to stop into my doctor's office and either request an on-the-spot vaccination, or make an appointment for one. It was suggested that for the trip to Russia, I should get a combination diphtheria-tetanus shot. Turns out, they could take me and administer the vaccination. In addition, I was given full blood and urine tests and another appointment to return for possibly more vaccinations. Not that I was upset. It was good to get all of it out of the way. Regardless, my right arm should be sore for about a week or so.

To sum it up, 8-8-8 pretty much went bust for me, and was spent removing various fluids from my body in hopes that I will be healthy for 9-9-9, and beyond.

No comments: