Monday, June 23, 2008

Transfer...Next Stop

There is such excitement in the air. The university has finished evaluating my college transcripts. I received in the mail confirmation of the classes and amount of credits they were able to transfer over into my intended degree program. I was ecstatic when I opened the envelope to see that I've been awarded the full 60 credits. This is also the maximum they can transfer under their rules and guidelines. It really gave me a sense of exaltation. Like it was all coming together for me now.

Yeah, so they didn't honor two of my courses, but their policy clearly states the 60 credit maximum, so I was happy with what they gave me. Besides, they dropped the two classes that each earned me only two credits, so it wasn't that bad. One thing that rubs me, but I'll get over soon, is that I'm required to take a three credit English course that focuses solely on writing a research paper. This happens to be one of the two credit courses the university chose not to honor. Now, I can write a mean paper, but it kinda feels like an academic version of the movie Groundhog Day where I'm repeating the same course over again.

In the meantime, I've matched the courses that correspond to my future curriculum and it's looking good. It's looking like I'll be able to focus pretty extensively on my major. Another bummer is that although I took statistics as a math requirement for my current college, two courses in algebra are required for my intended degree. That brings the total to three math classes. I can't get upset, and can only shrug my shoulders at the way the curriculum cards played out. Lucky for me, I can count statistics towards my general electives, so that's coming as a plus. I just deplore math, is all.

Right now, it's just so…new. It's electric. Now that I have the accepted course outline, I feel as if I can get going. For now, another question mark, another obstacle, has been removed from my continuing path of studies.

No comments: