Sunday, April 20, 2008

Savings & Moans #1

Today, I made out like a bandit for all my health and beauty product needs. This feat was accomplished by using my CVS ExtraCare card. As an extra bonus, that few minutes pouring over and cutting coupons from the newspaper inserts I had acquired over time also paid off for this particular shopping excursion.

Once the transaction was complete, the register spit out my receipt with several other "dollars off" store coupons attached to use for future purchases. Because that particular branch didn't have enough of the fish oil vitamins I like in order to take advantage of the buy-one-get-one-free offer which was currently running, I was able to use one of the dollars off coupons I'd just received ($4 off a total purchase of $20, to be exact) at a different CVS branch.

Another major benefit was that I was able to carry everything home in a canvas bag. Not one plastic tree was harmed during this coupon/savings card extravaganza.

Subtotal for both stores: $101.40
Savings using coupons, buy one get one free deals, and the store card: $42.95

$101.40 - $42.95 = $58.45 total!

Saving loads of money buying things you already use and need. Priceless.

I am such a deal whore!

No comments: