Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The (Eco) Bag Lady

While out shopping a few weeks ago, I couldn't resist purchasing an EcoBag. It was only $4.95 and hanging there, pleading, "buy me, buy me". I relented as I only have one large size canvas shopping bag, and that's the one I received free for showing my student ID at Whole Foods. While it's a nice size and serves a great purpose, it's emblazoned with the Whole Foods logo and is bulky, making it difficult for regular errands. I like to keep things low key. Very low key. The EcoBag stays on the down low and is sturdy and roomy. Perfect for my grocery and errand running needs.

I had been looking for more canvas tote options, desperately wanting to limit the amount of plastic shopping bags the shops use. I will only accept one (or two) to use for my regular garbage and feel that even this could be improved upon by using small biodegradable garbage bags.

It's all about doing the best one can do to help the planet. On this day, Earth Day, the goal should be about moving forward with change and thinking outside the box.

No comments: