Monday, March 03, 2008

Countries Under One Roof

Today was spent pretty much all day at the NY Times travel show where I was able to procure a 50% discounted entrance ticket thanks to one of the many travel forums I visit. Otherwise, in my honest opinion, it wasn't worth the full price.

One of the few things I looked forward to were the sweepstakes and various freebies. It's also good to know that my collection of free pens will continue to be safe and sound for another twenty years. I scored a few Post-It note pads and an American Express key chain/flashlight. I also had a lively conversation with the person at the Romania booth who seemed relieved to hear that I knew more about her native country than Dracula's castle.

I did win a trip, a 5 day cruise to Bermuda. But something was fishy about that congratulatory phone call and the suspicious feeling inside my gut was confirmed. Sundance Vacations is your run of the mill scam operation. Better luck next time, I guess.

No comments: