Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've Made It In!

I have been formally accepted into my college of choice!

I'm not surprised really, just happy that the process is finally over. I can wipe my brow and begin to worry about a whole other host of problems. I am still waiting for one set of transcripts to be sent. Afterwards, the college will give me an evaluation so I can choose the proper curriculum path. Until then, I won't know what classes will transfer over into my intended program. That is one of the worries.

What I'm really fretting over is the fact that I will have to take out student loans. A first for me. Since I'm attempting status as a full time student, my bank account won't hold up against the tuition demands. Luckily, I paid the first half of college out-of-pocket, which will help tremendously towards expenses. At my age, this is worrying me the most. As much as I realize that this is an important investment, the idea of being in my thirties with brand spankin' new student loans is proving to be very hard to confront. Day by day, I'm slowly talking myself down.

While I'm also seeking out scholarships and grants, I realize that I'm up against what feels like millions of other students who are vying for the same money. Besides, there are only so many original essays one can submit about how you're saving the world or what you've learned about ferrets in sub-Sahara Africa who are suffering from tuberculosis.

I shouldn't complain considering how lucky I am to even have these problems at all. Especially when so many don't even have the opportunities to further their education.

No comments: