Thursday, November 01, 2007

Still Yummy After All These Years


Duran Duran were on the Howard Stern Show yesterday. They are still rocking and sounding fantastic as ever.

Their appearance also reminded me how, back in the day, I was so fanatical for them, especially John Taylor. A million years ago, when I was a teenybopper, I truly believed I would marry him. I REALLY believed I would be his wife. Actually, I changed Duran husbands often. First it was Simon, then I had a Nick thing going on for a bit. Roger was the object of my affections at times too. Andy? Gah! No! Blegh! Never Andy. There was a certain "type" of girl who hearted Andy and I just wasn't her. However, for me, the focus of my never changing gushing of emotions and stalkerish feelings, was John.

I've remained a solid Duran Duran fan for well over twenty years now. Through the highs and lows, thick and thin, and plus and minus band members. Unyielding.

I still wouldn't mind being married to John.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Get in line sister! John was always my fave! In fact, I listened to Wild Boys a few minutes ago. :) Good to know there are still some Duranies out there!!

Anonymous said...

There was a time when I lived and breathed Duran Duran. Even now, when I hear their songs I know every single word. I am so there.