Sunday, May 20, 2007

Needing a Detox

Excuse the Bridget Jones like calculations, but my alcohol damage for the week (Saturday to Saturday) was as follows:

3 - Big yummy cups of Sangria
1 - Strawberry martini
2 - Glasses Pinot Noir
3 - Vodka tonics
3 - Shots (2 SoCo and one a watermelon tasting thingy)

The Sangria was consumed at my friend's bridal shower. The martini, after work with friends. The two glasses of Pinot? Originally only meant to be one. I treated myself to my most favorite restaurant, Lamarca, and the waitress gave me another on the house. Rounding off the week was all that vodka...and those shots! Again, this was for the first friend mentioned; but now at her bachelorette party.

Don't get me wrong, the fun times went hand in hand with the fun drinks. I'm not much of a drinker, but to be honest, I feel pickled. I need a detox!

A funny thing happened on the way to the bridal shower. I had to take the NJ Transit train in what seemed like an eternal ride, complete with all local stops. What is it with me, New Jersey, and long exhausted weekend trips anyway? Because the party was out in the sticks, once the train arrived, I had to take a cab from the station to the house. I wasn't exactly feeling the impending cab fare and began to look for an opportunity. I spotted another woman at the ATM machine grasping what appeared to be a shower gift. I approached this total stranger and asked, "Excuse me, are you by any chance going to T's shower?"

Surprised and startled at my question, it turned out she was indeed another shower guest. I asked if she would like to share a cab to D's house; and we both saved time, effort, and money to our destination.

You see, I'm just like that.

No comments: