Monday, March 26, 2007

I Got To Say It Was A Good Day

Yesterday, was a picture perfect day. My two cousins H and H came into the city for Elton John's 60th Birthday concert at MSG, and they spent the afternoon with me. Because they spend most of their time in Midtown when they visit, I decided to show them around the West Village. When it's a beautiful day in New York, it's absolutely beautiful in every way possible. H (of 365 blog fame) took a lot of pictures and posted a few of them on her blog. I am so awestruck at her talent, and she really captured the essence of the day. Had I taken the picture of the little girl (which is one of my faves because it captures the innocence of people watching from above), I would have taken it so far back that too much would have been in the shot. I'm glad I was able to show them a part of the city I cherish, which is also a part that many don't get to see on television.

It's funny, because we all learned something new that day, including yours truly. After they arrived and we found a place to eat, they expressed an interest in visiting Madame Tussaud's. Never in my life had I set foot in the place and I really only went out of half interest. Well, I was completely taken by surprise to find that I had such a great time there. I truly believed it would have been a bunch of horrible wax figures just standing around. Yeah, some of the celebrities didn't look as true to life as you would think, but some looked as if the actual person were standing right there in front of you. The museum creates an ambiance with the figures and that makes a major difference. We went through the Chamber of Horrors but didn't remember much because our eyes were closed and we were screaming the whole time!

I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with my cousins, since I'm not able to much. Still, it's always fun to connect with them, and yesterday was no different.

No comments: