Monday, March 19, 2007

Back In The Learning Groove

I am attempting my second on-line course this semester. “First Peoples of North America” starts today and will focus on Native American history. I’m all excited about this course for obvious personal reasons, but I feel that I’m going to be able to handle the material and flow of the course much better than the last on-line class I took; which was last semester. I’m a bit more seasoned this time around. On-line courses are actually quite difficult. To make up for lost physical time in the classroom, students are required to contribute to several discussions, which can be hard because there are certain criteria to meet. There’s no one liners allowed on these boards. That can be a pain in the ass when you have to reply to several classmates about one topic and you end up feeling like a myna bird.

Make no mistake; there is nothing like face time in a regular classroom. However, when it comes to education, I wouldn’t recommend taking only one route. I’ve done my freshmen and sophomore years physically, in a classroom. Now, due to time constraints, and just plain needing to get my degree done and over with, it looks like I’ll be spending my junior and senior years on a computer.

In the mean time, I keep meaning to schedule an appointment with my other school, the brick and mortar one, to sort out my graduation requirements. I am SO over them right now it exhausts me to think about what’s in store when I have my advisement session. UGH!

*Sigh*

No comments: