Saturday, September 12, 2009

Photos of New Orleans

Our trip to New Orleans was both busy and relaxing. It was a time for family to come together and enjoy the closeness.

With all the traveling I've been doing lately, one would be shocked at how inexpensive the weekend turned out to be. As always, there are added expenses (buying bottled water at tourist prices, etc), but for the most part, we really economized this time.

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on St. Charles Avenue. It was perfect in every way. Nestled inside of St Charles Avenue, but a block away from the French Quarter, it was also near to all the public transportation needed to maneuver the city. We had access to the hotel's whirlpool jacuzzi, which was a welcome sight coming back tired and weary after all those long days.

The cost of our entire hotel stay, with all the parking charges included, came to $145 each when split three ways. The cost of flights came to a little under $500 total for both my mother and I. JetBlue offers a discount for students through ISIC that I took full advantage of. Since my aunt drove in, she was able to pick up and drop us off at the airport, saving us more. Although we ate well, and a lot, no alcohol was consumed. This helped keep the costs down tremendously.

Would I visit New Orleans again? Hard to say. As much as I loved it, I'm content with all I'd seen there. I'm not ruling out another visit, just had my fill of the city for awhile.

As for photos, of course, I took tons of them. You can find them here. Enjoy!

No comments: