Monday, November 19, 2007

I've Arrived!

Safely, I might add. The flight was uneventful, and thankfully, only half full. Good for me because I was able to sprawl out and get some shut eye, so I wasn't too worn out for the rest of the day's travels. The connection in Madrid was smoother and less hectic than I'd originally thought it would be. I arrived in Copenhagen, learned the train system very quickly, and had zero problems finding my hotel.

After settling in, I decided to take a walk around. I got my bearings much easier than expected. I thoroughly enjoyed devouring a Ristet hot dog from the polse cart. The Ristet is a hot dog in a bun topped with ketchup, mustard, fried onions, and pickles. The dog had a nice snap to it. There are loads of 7 Elevens here. Oh, and I'm still not getting the money down properly. It feels weird to spend 15 Danish Kroner on a soda because my mind translates it as 15 American dollars, which it's not (more like $3.00). However, things are much more expensive here, which sucks big time.

I find myself saying "tak" (thanks) a lot. It is the easiest word in the Danish language!

Anyway, I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I'm so glad I brought my goose down coat, Copenhagen is COLD!!

No comments: