Saturday, January 20, 2007

Euro-Itch

No, it's not something you catch that requires a visit to the free clinic.

"Euro-itch" is the term I coined for when I am seriously thinking about another trip abroad.

(sigh)

Right now, I'm on a Copenhagen kick. Who knows how much this feeling will deepen over time.

There are many pluses in taking a trip to Denmark. I read that from Copenhagen, you can take the Øresund Bridge into Malmo, Sweden. That would be a nice day trip. Another plus is that Iceland Air offers free stopovers in Iceland. I could do an overnight in Reykjavík.

Just think: Denmark, Sweden and Iceland. A Scandinavian trifecta of sorts.

I hate experiencing Euro-itch because I don't always have the funds to satisfy my cravings, though it's always nice to do the research on these countries. The main problem is that while I can get cheap airfare, all the other costs would be astronomical. Scandinavian countries are very expensive. I could do hostels, but I'm a bit burnt out from my stay in one in Amsterdam. That might be my only alternative though.

No comments: