Saturday, January 06, 2007

Daily Candy Travel Commandments

I love Daily Candy and agree with almost all of their travel commandments (see here), but I would like to add another tip...

I don’t think it’s a crime to seek out and eat at McDonald’s in a foreign country. I don’t propose that one subsist entirely on fast food for your vacation, but if you are downright hungry and in a situation where either you don't know immediately where something is, or when the opportunity for grub will next come up, McDonald’s should work in a non-guilty pinch. I’ve been to McDonald’s in three countries: England, Switzerland and The Netherlands. None of these visits made me any less culturally sensitive. Besides, I actually liked some of the foods on the menus and became addicted to the After Eight McFlurrys on my last trip to London. Yummy!

No comments: