Friday, November 03, 2006

Amsterdam, Here I Come…Possibly Bruges…and Zurich Too!

The trip is booked! I’m so unbelievably anal about planning trips. Once I make my mind up about the destination, I proceed to harangue the internet for the best deals possible. Nothing wrong with that, except I’m totally stalker-ish about the procedure. So, after combing all the major discount sites with frustrating shaking fist in air, I stumbled upon Swiss Air and found a great deal that will take me to Amsterdam after a layover in Zurich for several hours. Another search on “Zurich layovers” brought me to sites that recommend what to do with said time on hands. It appears that I can easily head into the city center and tour the old part of town.

Now if you aren’t Swiss and don’t have any kind of obsession with the Swiss, when are you ever in your lifetime going to exclaim, “I have a need to go to Zurich!!” You don’t. This is why I took the offer. I see it as another interesting adventure and another stamp in the passport on the continuing path to world travel.

No comments: